If you’ve been doing Keto for any amount of time I’m sure you’ve seen or even tried to make pizza with a cauliflower crust, fathead dough, or even with no crust at all. I’ve tried all of these and while I HATED the cauliflower crust, the fathead dough and the crustless were both ok in my book. The fathead is pretty delicious but it’s a pain to make and I still feel like it has a lot of carbs for an average day on Keto which means that pizza was pretty much out the window for me.
Well, I got home late from work last week after they catered pizza in at work and I was dying to have some pizza and starting googling and looking through my cupboards for what I could possibly make a crust out of that would be quick and easy since it was already 11:30pm.
I ended up trying this Pork Rind Crust and it was awesome! It was easy enough for me to make, tasted good, and was actually crispy! All the things I need in a pizza.
If you’re like me and not a huge fan of pork rinds you should still give this a try. The spices really cover up the flavor and you don’t taste the pork rinds at all.
Give this a try and let me know what you think!
Pork Rind Pizza Crust:
0.5 oz Pork Rinds
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp oregano
- Preheat over to 350.
- Toss the pork rinds and Parmesan cheese into a food processor until very fine.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Spread out onto a VERY well greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite keto pizza topping.
- Place back in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
I usually remove the crust from the baking sheet and throw it on my pizza pan to get the bottom a little crispier.
This is by far the best keto crust I’ve tried so far!