It’s National Taco Day so it only seemed fitting to share my absolute all-time favorite keto recipe with you today. Even if I wasn’t doing keto this casserole would be in my weekly line-up anyways.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that tacos are easy and this casserole is just as easy. It’s a recipe that I usually have all the items on hand anyways so if I’m stuck for something to make for dinner this is an easy go to and everyone loves it
1 lb Ground Beef (high fat)
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup Salsa (I just use the generic kind but check the labels to get the lower carb one)
1 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
4 large Eggs
2/3 cup Half and Half
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning and cook until incorporated.
- Set ground beef aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, half and half, salsa, salt, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add the taco meat into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into to a prepared 9×9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before cutting.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as cilantro, sour cream, lettuce, or guacamole.
Depending on your macros for the day this can be either 4 or 8 servings. We tend to eat higher calorie meals for dinner so we do 4 servings.
Based on the ingredients we used for 4 servings it comes to 556 calories, 4.6 net carbs, 42.9 grams of fat, and 33.9 grams of protein.