If you’re like me, you love a good dinner roll with their meal. These soft on the inside, crusty on the outside are perfect to replace those regular store bought rolls, and so easy to make, and at only 2g of net carbs per roll, you don’t need to worry about adding a lot of extra carbs.
These rolls are seriously a keto game changer for me. I’m usually not a fan of buying “weird” ingredients but buying keto bread is so expensive and sometimes hard to find. We had a amazon giftcard so we decided to see what this Psyllium Husk was all about and I am SO glad that we did! These rolls taste just like a regular dinner roll from the store and are super easy to make. We topped ours with a little Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joes and it took it to the next level!
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Bring the water to the boil and add it to the dry ingredients with the vinegar and egg whites.
- Mix with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds making sure to not over mix the dough. It should resemble Play-Doh
- Moisten your hands and make 6 even pieces of dough. Place on the greased baking sheet and top with the seasoning.
- Enjoy straight out of the oven with butter or topping of your choice. (chive cream cheese is amazing!)
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long!) or in the freezer.These are a little soft when they first come out of the oven but do firm up a bit as they cool.
**Don’t worry if your rolls come out slightly purple, some brands of Psyllium Husk powder have a tendency to give your baked goods a purple tinge. The flavor of the rolls won’t be affect. We suggest using the Now Brand Psyllium Husk Powder to avoid the purple.