Soup is legitly one of my absolute favorite meals to eat and much to my dismay Garrett is not a huge fan. Usually if I want soup I have to somewhat surprise him with it made and ready to go when he walks in the door. I have figured out that if I make something else with it so that it’s more of a side he’ll go along with it.
So when the weather has been steadily -10 or more for the last week you know I HAD to have some soup. I’ve been craving it so I told Garrett we were having it and that was that! 🙂
This soup doesn’t taste “keto” to me which are my favorite recipes! There’s definitely meals out there that are ok substitutes for someone on keto to help with cravings but this is a recipe that stands on it’s own and doesn’t make you feel like you’re on some kind of special diet.
It’s also quick and easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand at any given time.
The Bacon Cheddar Biscuits are also a perfect side to go along with it!
Ok, I won’t make you wait any longer!
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
2 cup Frozen Broccoli, chopped
10 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
4 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp xanthum gum
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1/2 Celery, chopped
1 clove Garlic, minced
3 cup Chicken Broth (not stock, it has more carbs)
1 cup Half & Half
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
- Add butter, garlic, onion, celery, salt, and pepper to a sauce pan and cook until veggies are translucent.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes or until it turns bright green.
- Add chicken brother and half & half and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add the cheese in slowly, stirring as you go.
- Once incorporated add xantham gum and stir until soup thickens.