My favorite thing on the weekends is to sit at my dining room table and have coffee and breakfast with Garrett. Since starting the Keto journey that usually involves eggs and bacon and maybe some pancakes. I’ll never get tired of pancakes but i’m definitely getting tired of bacon and eggs! 🙂
Today I really wanted a nice cup of coffee and a snack of some sort but I wasn’t wanting chocolate and most keto desserts or snacks I’ve found includes that.
I got the idea that I wanted a blueberry scone. We have them at work and every single time someone orders one and I heat it up for them I have to talk myself out of getting one for break. I did some searching and found a keto option and asked Garrett to grab some blueberries on his way home. (and heavy whipping cream because I was really going to go all out with my coffee today!)
We quickly whipped up these scones and while I’ve never made a scone in my life I thought they would be much harder than they were! I’m certainly not a baker so I was pretty happy with how easy they were and how they turned out!
We had these with Americanos with half water/half steamed heavy whipping cream and it was the perfect cold weather afternoon snack.
I think they’ll also be perfect to grab when running out the door for those early morning shifts! I hope you guys like them just as much as we did!
Keto Blueberry Scone
1 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
3 Tbsp Erythritol
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup*
1 large Egg
1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients and whisk together until the liquid falls through the whisk like water.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Add in the blueberries and mix.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet and form a rectangle about one inch thick.
- Cut into 8 equal sized wedges and move each piece apart from each other.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes until golden brown.
*you can sub 1 tsp vanilla extract for the sugar free vanilla syrup if you do not have any.